We offer a number of constantly improving services to our Woolmark licensees aimed at adding value to their business.
1. Woolmark specifications and testing
We can provide licensees with access to Woolmark specifications and testing.
- Compliance with the specifications enables licensees to use one of our logos as an independent quality endorsement of their products, thereby providing licensees with differentiation within the marketplace.
- The Woolmark brand provides a unique, global fibre quality assurance scheme for companies and consumers alike. No other fibre offers this type of scheme.
- Woolmark specifications are product specific.
- The specifications and standards are set at a high level to maximise consumer satisfaction, thereby reducing the risk of the product being returned.
- Licensees can adopt Woolmark specifications as their own, providing licensees with cost savings as the quality testing has already been done.
- We can help licensees develop production guidelines to help them meet Woolmark specifications for their products.
2. Marketing promotion
We can provide licensees with marketing advice and assistance, in relation to:
- Woolmark tickets and labels – which have a contemporary design, in-built security and an efficient ordering process using authorised suppliers or a global supplier.
- Development of text and access to images to help tell of fibre origin and/or product stories.
- Marketing collateral, including posters, display cards and stickers.
- Possibilities of joint promotion based on a leveraged funding model.
3. Product development initiatives
We can provide licensees with access to Woolmark product development initiatives, for knitwear and wovenwear.
- Each year The Woolmark Company produces seasonal product development collections: autumn/winter and spring/summer.
- Collections can be presented to licensees on a one-to-one basis.
- If there is any innovation in the collections that is of interest to a licensee, our team is ready to assist in its implementation into the licensee’s business.
4. Wool supply chain
We can assist with introducing licensees to woolgrower groups, to enable a better understanding of:
- The types of wool and how it is grown.
- Traceability of wool through the supply chain.
- Heritage/provenance stories.
- Animal health and welfare.
We can assist with introducing licensees to suitable wool supply chain partners.
- We have offices in many parts of the world. Through our global network we can help licensees to find and introduce licensees to potential suppliers and customers along the supply chain.
- We are particularly strong in Asia (especially Hong Kong, China and the Indian subcontinent) and European countries such as Italy, the UK and Turkey, where we have teams of experienced technical staff to provide on the ground support.
6. Technical training packages
We offer technical training packages to licensees:
- Updated technical manuals for The Woolmark Company innovations are now available to fast track implementation into licensees’ businesses.
- We are continuing to develop and publish a range of detailed, up-to-date technical training manuals about the production of yarns, and knitted and woven fabrics and products.
7. Retail training packages
We offer retail training and educational packages:
- The Back Room: Training aimed at buyers, merchandisers etc to provide detailed information on manufacturing stages such as spinning, knitting, dyeing and finishing etc.
- The Front Store: Training aimed at shop floor staff to educate them about “wool”, providing them with more confidence and knowledge when dealing with customers.
- The Future: And we are continually looking to the future, offering training and education to leading textile institutes across the world.
8. Seasonal guides
We can provide licensees with access to The Wool Lab – an inspiring seasonal guide to the best wool fabrics and yarns in the world.
- Selected from the collections of some of the world’s leading textile companies, these wool fabrics and yarns are made with the latest innovations in production techniques and special treatments.
- All the fabrics and yarns are commercially available.
- The Wool Lab service extends the licensee network by connecting them to buyers.
9. Support for licensees
We provide licensees with support.
- On becoming a Woolmark licensee, we will appoint a Key Account Manager as their first point of contact.
- The Key Account Manager is supported by our global network of TWC offices and experts in a variety of fields such as: wool supply chain, sourcing, technical, Woolmark specifications and interpretation of test results.
Further information: Contact your local Woolmark Company office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details on licensee benefits and services offered by The Woolmark Company download a brochure here (pdf 295Kb).